Everybody’s favourite Internet creationist, “Dawkinswatch” (watching Dawkins so you don’t have to), is opening up his blog for comments from Atheists answering the question: Why are you an Atheist?
He seems to think that these are the most likely possibilities:
– You read the works of Voltaire and became a convert?
– You are a secret Luciferian posing as an Atheist.
– You are a Communist?
_ You went to church when you were younger but never experienced God?
– You want to make yourself God and do not like competition?
-You are a postmodernisand you believe that that there is no ultimate truth?
-You read the works of Charles Darwin and are writing manuscripts of the next “My Atheist Struggle”?
– A Catholic Priest made a pass at you and you blame God?
– You are secretly in love with Richard Dawkins and have not told your parents that you are not like other men?
– You are not convinced evil exists.
_ You believe the ten commandments are harmful to the well being of human kind.
_ You are following a trend?
How many of you are Atheists cause you’re secretly FLAMING COMMIES eh? Go on, out with it.
As for why I’m an Atheist, well, I’m just leaving a comment telling him to peruse some of my blog posts sometime. I’m linking him to:
Asshat: A refutation to some arguments once made on a theist’s blog.
A Pre-Schooler’s Journey to Disbelief: The story of my pre-school rejection of God.